Tuesday, October 20, 2015

Superman... The Mass Murderer Who Found Love.


Hey!  Let's start with a rare sighting of a little thing we at CMNS like to call...

.... Fair Question (tm!)


.... Fair Question (tm!)

Lyla reminds me a lot of Gwyneth Paltrow for some reason: 


Is it just me, or is she totally not interested in jumping?


Well... she shoulda jumped.

That "KRUNCH!" sound effect is unintentionally hilarious, though.


Is it just me, or does Superman lose his powers a lot?


Hmmmm... a Superman with no powers who says things like, "Goodbye, my love... forever!  *SOB*"  Is this comic still meant for boy readers?


Oh, come now.  See?  Superman just doesn't know how to deal with failure.  If it was Batman, he'd just say something like, "Soldiers fall, but my war on crime goes on," or something along those lines.  But he wouldn't throw a hissy-fit about it.

But do you see what I mean?  Check it out:


This was the next to last panel before the end of the comic.  So, we got to read the story of a guy with no powers, which is kind of like ordering an ice cream cone and just getting the cone.  It's fine, I suppose, but really isn't why we plunked down 12 cents.  And as you can see by previous posts where Supes gets his clock cleaned, he loses his powers a lot.  Black Lightning has his powers more consistently than Superman does.

And if you're not a Black Lightning fan, take it from me that this is really saying something.

See you tomorrow!

1 comment:

wordsmith said...

All of today's panels come from Superman (first series) #189, and, 49-YEAR-OLD SPOILER, the people that Supes killed were actually just androids on an artificial Krypton that was designed to fool an attacking horde of alien invaders.
Thanks for focusing on Silver Age Supes; I don't know about anybody else, but I'M enjoying it, and I hope you are, too.