Wednesday, October 29, 2014

Now I Have to Find Someone Who Has the First Appearance of the Black Toad.

Golden Age Captain America #18 is still paying off, kids!  This was a dime well spent for somebody back in the day! 

First, a little Fun with Out of Context Dialogue (tm!)


Oh, my.  Oh, my my my.

Let's watch Cap and Bucky fight demons:


So, Bucky calls Steve "Cap" when he's not in costume?  I guess he figures that since he's called "Bucky" whether he's wearing the mask or not, no one cares.

Here's a great exchange:



... which then segues into another installment of Well.... Touche! (tm!)



Well.... Touche! (tm!)

I also liked how Cap actually names his adventures.  Someday, that Gigo guy from yesterday will show up and Cap will say, "We ended your evil in the case of 'The Bowling Alley of Death'!"  I think Batman does it too, but he has enough sense not to tell his villains that they made such an impression on him that he names his encounters with them.

Enough of this.  More demons!:



Is it just me, or do they look completely bored?  Like, "I am so bored!  Let's finish them now and forever already!"

How does it end?  The only way it can:


It was only a dream... or WAS it? (tm!)

Only in this case, I think everyone agrees it was only a dream.  So, like an imaginary story, it was totally pointless.  I don't have time to read about dreams, folks.  Either make it canon or tell me from the get-go this story contributes nothing to the history of the character whatsoever.  We've got things to do around here.

Well, I suppose we really don't, or we wouldn't be here, but still.  Standards, people!  Standards!

See you tomorrow!

2 comments:

Aaron Carine said...

The Black Toad? He looks like a cat to me. Since when do toads have ears?

Adam Barnett said...

You've... totally got me stumped on that one, Aaron. Why DID he have those ears?