Monday, September 22, 2014

The Joker Tends to Overcomplicate Things Sometimes

Dear Ones, I'll do my best to make with the daily posts, but things might be a little cray-cray for the next few weeks, so just bear with me.

Meanwhile, let's take a look at Batman #11:


I'm not sure, but I think the narrator just insulted Robin.  I mean, no one likes to be called "impatient" or "foolhardy."  Frankly, I don't see the narrator doing much of anything, so perhaps he should limit his backseat driving.  It's always those who don't do much who are always criticizing those who get things done.

Moving on....


Simply and quietly?  A bullet?  A knife?  Even a quick injection of Joker venom?


Hmmmm... I'm thinking the Joker's definition of  "simply" is different from mine.  Granted, he's an icon of evil whilst I'm just a dork with a blog, but I think my way would have gotten the job done a bit more quickly.


I'm not saying it isn't effective, Robin.  I'm just saying that it's not very simple if it take minutes like that.  Yeesh.  Quit with the moaning and groaning, wouldya?

Hey!  It's time for Fun with Out of Context Dialogue! (tm!):



See you tomorrow, if the Fates allow!

2 comments:

Aaron Carine said...

I guess when the Joker said "simple", he meant "simple in comparison to the myriad other death traps villains have concocted".

Smurfswacker said...

That's something that, even as a kid, always bothered me about villains, especially schtick villains. I wish they would have given us reasonable explanations why they choose an elaborate demise for the hero instead of just shooting him.

"Reasonable" is an elastic concept in comics, so I wouldn't expect a dry, flawlessly logical explanation. But even "I could shoot you but I'd rather watch you squirm with pain as the weasels rip your flesh" would work better than what we have here.