Thursday, October 24, 2013

Who Asked Ya, Wise Guy?


Checkin' out Startling Comics #20!


At first I was really excited because not only is there a giant snake, but it looked like Pyroman was going to be beating up on the KKK.  But they were only Nazis.  And normally, beating up on Nazis is always awesome, but I was kind of all set for the KKK.

And do you notice that Pyroman is "America's Blazing Battler" on the cover?  That would make sense if, like his name indicates, he actually used fire and not electricity.  This "electric vs. fire" mixup seems so obvious to me that I must be missing something that makes it work.  I mean, you can get burns from electricity, but that's not the same thing as having fire powers.  But I must be right about this being a screwup, because normally folks correct me very quickly around here if I miss something.

Anyway, let's enjoy a little CMNS presents: Well... Touche! (tm!)




Well... Touche! (tm!)

And now.... Random Slap! (tm!):


That was an actual slap.  You can tell by the sound effect.


I love it when people in old comics say "What a Man!"  It doesn't happen nearly as often as you'd think.

Hey, let's visit Don Davis: Espionage Ace!


Don Davis was rather unpopular around the agency office due to his insistence upon receiving spontaneous piggy-back rides. However, agency officials were reluctant to fire him because of concerns that his behaviors were related to repeated concussions:


Did I mention Don Davis gets hit in the head quite a bit?  He should really wear a helmet in the field.

See you tomorrow!


1 comment:

Buzz said...

there was a guy at my last job who used to walk around the office giving other guys massages.

a bit weird, but now I know it could have been weirder.