Monday, October 28, 2013

Kids Dressed Up as Superheroes? What an Incredible Incident!

Let's start the week off right with a look at Golden Age Green Lantern #18!


Well, stuff happens when you saunter.  Everyone knows that.


No one messes with the intellectual property rights of Alan Scott.

In this issue... egad, it's painful to even say it... Green Lantern fights....

... the Dandy.

No, I'm not making that up.  I've mentioned before that the Golden Age wasn't so golden when it came to villains.  For every Joker, there was... well, there was a Dandy.  Here, we see him using his incredible power of foresight to...

... oh, I'll let him explain it:




Wait... What? (tm!)

Why would iron fillings have any effect on...

... you know what?  Just never mind.  It will only end in frustration and tears.  Let's take a look at some Fun with Out of Context Dialogue (tm!):


Okay, you all know that I don't judge, but someone should probably see a urologist.  That's all I'm saying.

See you tomorrow!

3 comments:

MarvelX42 said...

Everytime I hear the weatherman on the radio or see him on tv he tells me to "meet a urologist". I have always found that very strange.

MarvelX42 said...

It should have been sawdust. That woulda worked.

Adam Barnett said...

Marv, my mind is officially blown. That WOULD have worked!