Friday, April 12, 2013

For the Crime of... Being a Bear!


WOW!  It's great to be back online after days of technical issues.  It certainly gave me a chance to catch up on material, but it drives me bananas when I can't post something.

To soothe ourselves, let's read Speedy Wheeler Saves the Day and Wins a Bike:


Although, come to think of it, I'm not sure why we'd bother at this point.  I mean, we know what happens, don't we?  Speedy Wheeler saves the day and wins a bike.  Good for him, I suppose, but we kinda needed a spoiler alert there.

And now, another installment of Well..... Touche! (tm!):






Well.... Touche! (tm!)

This next bit involves such asinine behavior, I'm surprised it isn't Superman doing it.  Some bears have been set loose, and they're following a trail of molasses.  That's really all you need to know.








Now why was that necessary?  It reminds me of that line from The Simpsons
"Book him, Lou!"  
"On what charge, Chief?" 
 "On the charge of... being a bear."

You see what I mean?  Granted there have been many instances where heroes have had to get physical with animals, but I can't remember the last time it resulted in actual harm of an animal who didn't get aggressive first.  I mean, the Hulk killed a deer once, but he's not exactly a hero half the time.

Beaten up for being a bear, that's all.  For shame, Jay Garrick!

Good to be back!  See you Monday!

3 comments:

MarvelX42 said...

Vince Coleman, what does the thing on your head and or in front of your forehead in your pic say.....in whatever language that is?

P.S. Sorry, this is the only way I know of to ask.

MarvelX42 said...

Yes, seems like Jay could have just as easily grabbed something to wrap the bears up in without hurting them. Also...this comes to mind:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=90Ps2L46dUs

Buzz said...

Glad to see you back, man!!

MarvelX42: It is Japanese. It says "Obeika?" and kind of means, "so, you're being all Western?"

It was a line that a Japanese comedy duo used to use on tv all the time a few years back here in Japan, where I live.

One comedian in the duo would make fun of the other duo for doing Western type things, if I remember correctly.

At the time I put it on my forehead in that photo because I am Western (from America)...

It was my dorky little way of showing love for those comedians because they hail from Hokkaido, which is the island I live on in Japan.

It's an old and outdated joke now, though...