Tuesday, March 5, 2013

Why Does Aunt May Always Look So Startled? And Other Cosmic Questions...

Secret Wars II had everything I don't like about a comic: Cosmic forces engaging in sci-fi blah-blah, magic, and....

... well, I do like me some Disembodied Floating Heads! (tm!)


There are so many of 'em that poor Spidey can't even stand up straight on the cover of his own book.  That's a lot.  Either that, or he's mooning them.  Which, considering how often he's annoyed with Disembodied Floating Heads (tm!), I'd be considering doing that myself.

And there was this one little bit of Fun with Out of Context Dialogue! (tm!):


That's a victory in any guy's book, isn't it?

This was the end of the Secret Wars II cross-overs in Amazing Spider-Man.  The next issue would have all-new 


Oh, geez.

As we've seen, it's not like Spidey doesn't reflect on his origin story at least once every ten issues.  Do I have to pay to read it again?  Then again, it could be worse... I could be paying a hundred bucks to read it again!

 Come back, Beyonder!  I may have been too hasty!

See you tomorrow!




1 comment:

MarvelX42 said...

I believe that almost every second of Spideys origin upto and including the spiders point of view has been covered....several times over.