Wednesday, January 16, 2013

In Which Adam Reveals Knowing Too Much About Alcohol Withdrawl Symptoms

So I went through the collection of Amazing Spider-Man issues I had up through #200.  Aunt May wasn't dead.

So let's check out Pep Comics #7!


...now quit frightening my child with your hat!


I don't know, Betty... you led with the hat, and that didn't get you anywhere.

Check it out... the Shield goes undercover as a professional baseball player... 


Awesome though this might be, it's my responsibility as a serious journalist to point out that I am literally only showing you every other panel, which conclusively proves that half of this story is filler.  As opposed to CMNS itself, which is pretty much all filler.

Here's a line that tickled me...


How many children in the 1940's read this and then went to their parents to ask them what the D.T.'s were?  And come to think of it, wouldn't you really really WANT the flask if you had the D.T.'s?

It's a perfectly valid question.

See you tomorrow!

5 comments:

Unknown said...

As an Australian, I admit to being unfamiliar with the nuances of baseball, but I do need to ask: are there enough professional baseball players who wear masks that this would pass without drawing attention?

Adam Barnett said...

That's a fair question. Baseball is designed to be as boring, tedious, mind-numbing and time-consuming as possible. Allowing a player to wear a mask (other than the catcher, who wears a protective "mask") might actually bring something interesting to the scenario, thereby defeating the purpose of the game.

MarvelX42 said...

It reminds me of http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0592609/

Adam Barnett said...

You know, Marv... the plotlines of that episode of "Greatest American Hero" and this particular story were virtually identical. There are no new ideas in Hollywood (and that was 30 years ago!).

MarvelX42 said...

There have been rumours for along time that they are gonna make TGAH into a movie. I wish that they would just make a new TV series. I would watch the hell outta that!