Thursday, January 27, 2011

Peter Really Needs to Raise His Standards Thursday!


From Amazing Spider-Man #188:


Betty, is that really the most appropriate top to wear when visiting someone's elderly aunt in the hospital?  I mean, did you go through your closet, put on a bikini top and say, "Yes, this is the look I'm going for.  Time to bring some cheer to a dying woman."


Nothing wrong with it at all...except (as Peter just said) you're married!

Marvel Comics: Promoting Wholesome Values Since 1938

Hey, here's a fun "Easter Egg" I found on the letters page! 


So, when Kurt Busiek criticized one of the Big Two, he was writing for them in a matter of years.  Following this logic, I should be replacing Stan Lee within a matter of weeks.  Start looking forward to that one!

It's always a fun find when I uncover a letter written by a future creator.  The funny thing is, when Kurt calls for things like "lasting changes that will still be important fifty years later," he's setting a very high standard for his future self.  I just blew your mind, didn't I?  

See you tomorrow!

3 comments:

D.B. Echo said...

Plus, he said Spider-Man has a "nice package."

MarvelX42 said...

Betty Brant just objectified herself in the third person!

Will said...

Married and let's face it... she kinda looks like she's having a stroke.

--Allergy