Friday, March 12, 2010

Preserving Evidence is not a Priority for Masked Vigilantes Friday!

I realize that many of my readers aren't hardcore comic geeks, so you may feel a little cheated out of Batman's very first appearance ever in Detective Comics #27. But since most of us nerds have read it a thousand times already, I thought I'd compromise and show a rarely-seen clip from Batman's second appearance ever, from Detective Comics #28:

He's Batman!

He's scary! Woooooooooooooo!


And he'll smack you good!

And he just might throw you out a window!


And then he'll.... um, waitasec:


um, Batman.... you can't coerce a confession out of someone that way.


I realize he's signing it, but that is totally inadmissible as evidence. Wasn't Bruce studying to be a police officer at one point in his life? I think he may have missed a class or two on Criminal Procedure. Although I can think of a couple of jurisdictions where this sort of thing might totally fly.


See you tomorrow!

7 comments:

Richard Doyle said...

It would be admissible. The rules surrounding the gathering of evidence only apply to the police.

Murfyn said...

Admissible in the counter-suit the guy brings against the Batman. That explains the secret identity thing; gotta protect the Wayne fortune from soreheads who can't take a joke.

Adam Barnett said...

I could totally quash it, Richard. Any coerced confession isn't worth the paper upon which it's printed. When Bats is cross-examined by me as to how he came about the document which he was authenticating, it's outta here! ;-)

Unknown said...

So let me get this straight. I guy signs his confession and then offers fruit to Batman? I'm confused.

Kyle S. said...

But then again, the Watchmen trailer looked pretty good, and we all know how that turned out!

Better than the comic book?

Jack Norris said...

When's Morrison going to bring back "Frenchy?"

Anonymous said...

Hey, that was totally cool in the Pre-Miranda days.
Stupid Miranda.