Thursday, October 29, 2009

The Boy Stuck in the Crevice Thursday!

One thing I've noticed over the past several issues of World's Finest is the recurring plotline of giving everyone in sight powers to rival Superman. Going back through all the issues and showcasing every occasion where Batman and/or Robin suddenly started flying and lifting boulders over their heads would take more time and bandwidth than I'm willing to devote to the subject, so just take my word for it, won't you?


So, this issue they really went crazy and gave Batwoman the super-powers. But the reason I had to post this cover is because of Robin over there on the left:


Is it just me, or did he get himself wedged in the crevice? I'm pretty sure he did. That would be hilarious.

I cut Green Arrow a lot of slack where the gadgetry is concerned, mostly because I grew up with a Green Arrow who fired boxing gloves at bad guys and that's what I'm used to.

But this, my friend, is shenanigans:


There is no way you can get handcuffs to do that. You just can't. Don't believe me? Get a set of handcuffs and throw it at someone as hard as you can. See if they obligingly click themselves onto a person's wrists.

On second thought, don't actually do that. You'll probably be wearing handcuffs yourself if you do. Just take my word for that, too.

And enjoy some Fun with Out of Context Dialogue! (tm!):


Whenever you see terms like "beat off," you just know you're in for some Fun with Out of Context Dialogue (tm!) and this was no exception. Good stuff.

See you tomorrow!

1 comment:

SallyP said...

What IS it about Ollie? He is always so perfect for out of context hilarity. He's pretty good at IN context hilarity as well.