Thursday, August 27, 2009

Not One but TWO Uncomfortably Phallic Images Thursday!

Here are a few head-scratchers from World's Finest #76:


Yeah, I've got an even better safety tip: Don't give Allergy a knife. Ever. For any reason or purpose.

And yes, I see it, too. Don't worry. You are probably a little twisted, or you wouldn't be here, but it's nothing the FBI is going to keep on a file on you over.

Here's something I've never seen before:


Okay, I need a Superman authority to pipe in here: Did Superman ever have a signal like this? I think Lois is yanking Batman's chain here.

And now, my favorite Fun with Out of Context Dialogue (to wit: Sound Effect)! (tm!) ever:


You're speechless, aren't you? Who could blame you? Can you believe I'm not asking for your credit card number right now?

See you tomorrow!

4 comments:

D.B. Echo said...

Holy Crap! It's Bender!

De said...

According to my quick research, the S-Signal was only used once and it was in that very issue. I'll check my Superman Encyclopedia when I get home to verify.

We simply must know!

Dave said...

Where the hell is Allergy's bow tie? Who gave him the day off?

Gernot said...

I thought there were other \S/ signals to call Superman. Batman used 'em in more than one story. :)