Tuesday, June 9, 2009

Super-Befriendin' Tuesday!

Here's a dandy from Robert Gillis!:


According to Robert, this little exchange took place while an army of Bizzarros were ripping up Metropolis. Yet, Superman takes time out of his valuable schedule to demean a child. As Robert pointed out, this child was probably thinking something more along the lines of "Well, how about you repair some of the buildings you knock over on a regular basis fighting robots, and I'll toss my paper in the trash can. You jackass."
__________________________________

Ladies and Gentlemen, I give you Roy Harper:


Worst. Sidekick. Ever.
__________________________________


What kind of man would go to all that trouble? The kind of man with whom I would not allow unsupervised contact with my child, I'm sad to say.

Totally off topic, but the little kid in the bottom left looks like a garden gnome.
_________________________________

Be advised:

Getting Batman to add you on Facebook is apparently a bitch of a process.

See you tomorrow!

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for posting that, Adam! I hope it's OK to send them in -- I see these and I think of you and we have to share them :)

GREAT SITE!

Anonymous said...

"Goodbye, Mrs. Parent. This ad is so cheap we don't even give you a real name." Reminds me of the strips where a baby falls out the window for Superman to catch and Mom yells, "baby!" rather than "Billy!"

Anonymous said...

Batman's club: Who wants to be a member of a club where the entry requirement is a bullet lodged inside your body? And isn't Batman against guns?

Anonymous said...

As a consoulation, Flint was allowed in Robin's "Cutter Club."

SallyP said...

I've heard of exclusive clubs, but this is a bit over the top.

Oh Roy...that was a Freudian slip, if I ever heard one.

D.B. Echo said...

Waitaminute! That isn't Captain Tootsie! That's Joe Palooka!

"GOOD BYE CAPTAIN TOOTSIE" sounds like an Elton John album.

Nate said...

Does Jason Todd have a crowbar club?

Allergy said...

"I'll toss it in the trash can, pronto!" That's some great exposition, there, thanks Mr. Comic Thought Balloon Creator. Where is Supes' thought balloon saying "I'm going to tell that kid to pick up his litter"?

I shouldn't make too much fun of thought balloons, though. Without them we'd never know what slips out when Roy gets too excited!

Adam Barnett said...

Robert,

There are simply too many comics out there for me to ever hope to catch anything. If *anyone* ever sees something that might be funny, feel free to e-mail them to me. Thanks for the assist!

LoreNZo! said...

"I was so excited it just slipped out!" Lol!