Thursday, January 17, 2008

Family Values Thursday!

I admit I'm out of touch with today's society. Why millions of you tune into American Idol to watch one-dimensional talents perform glorified karaoke while only a handful of people will ever see this amazing little girl just boggles my mind.

But, hey, if I wasn't all grumpy about the world, it wouldn't be a very interesting column, would it? So, here is the first in a two-part series on how strong family values were back in the "good old days."


Apparently, remodelling was cause to lease out children by the month.... just the sort of thing you want to inflict on children whose foundations have already been shattered.

And how impulsive are the Kents about the whole thing? I've given more thought as to whether I should stop for gas...


Hurry, hurry, hurry! Grab yourself an orphan before it's too late! My prices are so low, I'm practically giving children away!



Now, now.... don't get to comfortable calling us "Ma" and "Pa." We'll be shipping your ass right back here before your butt makes a dent on our couch.

I can't wait to see how all this turns out tomorrow, can you?

5 comments:

Dave said...

Clark visiting his grandparents? Wha--? Is this the only mention of them ever?

FoldedSoup said...

Thanks for the link to the girl wailin' with Kansas. That was awesome!

De said...

This has to be one of the most bizarre concepts I've ever seen in a comic book and you've shown us plenty.

Sea-of-Green said...

I've said it before, and I'll say it again: What IS it with comic book heroes and orphans!? There's just some sort of very WEIRD and suspiciously unhealthy connection there.

And, yeah, that little girl is pretty amazing -- thanks for the link, Adam! Wonder if she can do Emerson, Lake & Palmer? ;-)

SallyP said...

I suppose this is how they solved the labor problem in the midwest...or something. Need some help? Get an orphan for a month!

That corn's not gonna pick itself now, is it?