Friday, August 24, 2007

Were the Classics Really So Classic?


Okay, so I guess I'm the only one yesterday that appreciated the entertainment value in Black Adam's use of his powers to rip off a guy's face while making a joke about it. But isn't this just as disturbing, if not downright silly? Instead of turning yourself into a human foghorn, why not just fly the whole car to the nearest police station like you've done a thousand times before and since? If I'm a cop and I just hear a disembodied voice coming from miles away, it's probably going to be more trouble than it's worth for Superboy to wait on me to find him.... you just can't tell me this was better than Black Adam ripping that guy's face off.


Now, this is pretty good stuff. If you've ever seen a prison movie or Oz on HBO, you know that you don't want to risk unspecified things showing up in your mouth. Trust me on that one.


Well, considering his house and his cow are blowing down the street, I'd think that a little mussed hair is the least of Charlie's concerns, but proper appearance was apparently a big deal back in the day. That's why June Cleaver always wore pearls when she was doing the housecleaning.

3 comments:

SallyP said...

I'm sorry, I looked at that picture of Superman yelling and all I could think of was..."hey Abboooottttt"

Haw!

And yes, I'm dating myself.

That's the Spirit said...

Sally, do you call yourself the next day? How does that work?

SallyP said...

Surprisingly well.