Thursday, June 14, 2007

Genius Jones and Stupid Questions


Genius Jones was a back-up in Adventure Comics back in the 1940's. He was the Encyclopedia Brown of his day, who was the Jimmy Neutron of his day. Some themes never grow old, I suppose.

What slayed me about this particular panel was the question this doofus asked him. Really, you stupid sod.... you have access to a genius and you're going to ask him about the quality of a rubber ball? That's like asking Tony Stark to program your VCR.

Me: Yeah, Tony, if you could just get the clock programmed....

Tony: Uh, are you sure? I mean, I could get this thing to bathe the house in antioxidant radiation, guaranteeing you and your family would be immune to all diseases....

Me: No, that's ok. If you could just figure out the am/pm, I think I'll be good to go.

2 comments:

SallyP said...

I think it would be even better if Stark COULDN'T get the 12:00 to stop flashing! Hmmph...Mr. Genius, armor-wearing, hero-crushing fascist!

Anonymous said...

I would be one of those people would would ask Tony to just program the VCR and stop there.

...

This seems to be the part that asks me to enter a Yakov Smirnoff joke.